Friday, May 04, 2007

Mavs-Wariors Wrap-Up


Oakland, CA (AP) As the Golden State Warriors cruised by the Dallas Mavericks in the 3rd quarter of game 6 Thursday night, the MVP of this series had already been decided. Baron Davis averaged 25.5 points/game, while shooting 45.5% from three-point territory, and constantly driving past the helpless Mavs for countless layups. The secret behind Davis's success isn't "Nellieball" as many pundits have suggested, but it is the powerful force field generated by Davis's enormous teeth.


Mavericks' guard Devin Harris, who was matched-up against Davis most of the series couldn't find an explanation for Davis's impressive "blow-by-ability". "Wow, I really don't know, he could create space behind the arc, I couldn't keep up with him on dribble penetration, either, and I'm a fast guy." On closing out on Davis during three-point attempts, Maverick Josh Howard had this to say, "When I ran at him (Davis), it seemed like the was something holding me back, It's really weird, and it kind of hurt my hand." Warrior Coach Don Nelson had no official comment on how it felt to beat his old team, but did tell me that both Baron Davis's teeth and Warriors forward Matt Barnes's tattoos will play a much greater role in the next series against the Rockets/Jazz winner.

In a related story, Mavs forward Dirk Nowitzki is relieved that his squad did not advance past the first round. "Yeah, I was kind of worried that if we beat Golden State, then we may advance to the NBA finals, and accidentally win them. You see, I have a really small apartment, with a really small mantle." Dirk was referencing his possibility of winning the NBA Most Valuable Player award for performance in the regular season. "Yeah, I just don't want to clutter anything up, you know, I might have even won finals MVP or something like that. And that would just be a shame."

1 comment:

Adam Cates said...

hold on...
that wasn't really an AP article, was it?