Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Go Spurs Go!

That was a great win. Fantastic. Now, the East can slug it out. A few thoughts from this game/series:

I like Derek Fisher. I have a tremendous amount of respect for a guy that is man enough to be with his daughter and then go play basketball. I don't think Fisher did this in the postseason to be showy (a-la Kobe Bryant in 2004). I think Derek Fisher is a man to be respected as a Believer and a father.

Deron Williams is pretty darn good.

The Spurs played three REALLY, REALLY good teams in the postseason.

I saw Matt Bonner score points tonight, all five of them

Youth went well tonight. My main passage tonight was 2 Corinthians 5:17. "Whoever is in Christ is a new creation, the old is gone, and behold, the new has come." I think that lots of kids don't really KNOW if they are a Christian or not. They may have done some things to make them THINK they are, but there is no conversion. The evidence of a conversion should be overwhelming. I listened to and read some great sermons by John Piper in preparation for me teaching tonight. You can find those here.

We are going to Uvalde/Bracketville for Sunni's bloodwork, surgery, and her stay for a week. Please pray for our safe travel and Sunni's successful surgery and quick recovery. Thanks

No comments: