Thursday, December 01, 2005

Duke

Duke won last night. I have liked Duke for a while. I guess probably since my brother started liking UNC. I guess Duke just appeals to me because they seem like a clean-cut, charge-taking team. I like stuff like that. Coach K seems like a guy that doesn't tolerate any crap. I don't know how accurate that is, but it just seems that way to me. I liked Wojo and Battier. I winced when Jason (Jay) Williams couldn't hit a free throw to save his life. I never really liked Chris Duhon. I kept hoping Dunleavy would gain some weight so he could play inside. I hope Duke goes to the Finals and gets beat by Texas. The only team I want to see beat Duke is a team from Texas. Tech can't beat a zone, so it has to be the Horns. I will predict that J.J. Redick will break an NBA record for free throw percentage someday. That's the kind of stuff that wins games. Redick is a polarizing figure for almost everyone. Lots of people just hate him. I really don't know why they would. They just do. Probably the same reason I used to hate Jordan when the Bulls were so good. They hate him because he is better than they are. And he is so white, it's scary.

No comments: